Universities in Canada are esteemed for delivering high-quality education and an embracing atmosphere for students coming from different corners of the world. If you are seeking to enhance your career prospects and acquire helpful experience in a diverse cultural environment pursuing a Masters in Management in Canada can be a great opportunity. There are ample platforms providing consultation services to ace your study abroad journey, you may refer to Jamboree to explore all the necessary requirements to study management in Canada.
Read this blog to know the before and after steps of getting started with your journey.
Why Pursue a Master in Management from Canada?
Canada offers plenty of benefits to students pursuing a Master’s degree in Management from Canadian universities. Some of these benefits are stated below:
Canadian universities provide the best class education and research opportunities to the students, irrespective of the course they are pursuing. You can delve into in-depth knowledge of the subjects by studying from well-versed faculty professionals. The data recorded by QS World University Rankings show seven Canadian universities ranked under the top 200 for business and management studies.
A degree from a Canadian university is internationally acknowledged and valued. This makes it feasible to find employment opportunities worldwide. It aids in opening doors in every employment sector as per your field of study.
Canada is a multicultural country that greets students and working professionals from all over the world. Pursuing a Masters in Management in Canada bags you a chance to experience different cultures and expand your worldview by connecting and spending time with your peers.
The universities in Canada give opportunities to students to work on campus and gain practical experience in the field of their Major. After completing your studies you can also apply for a work permit to work in Canada for a maximum duration of up to three years.
Compared to other English-speaking countries like the United States and the United Kingdom, Canada offers affordable tuition fees for international students.
To apply for a Master in Management in Canada, students must meet the following requirements:
- You need to be a graduate of a recognized institution with a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Proof of English language proficiency is an essential step for International students. You need to provide your given English language test score. TOEFL and IELTS are among two of the most commonly accepted tests at universities in Canada.
- Letters of recommendation can be taken from professors if you have completed your graduation or from employers, in case you are working.
- A statement of purpose defining why you want to pursue a Masters in Management in Canada.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae that highlights your work experience and extracurricular activities.
- Some of the universities may ask you to take the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or the Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
- Tuition Fees and Financial Aid.
As an International student, you can apply for scholarships and grants initiated by Canadian universities along with several other external organizations. It is also crucial for you to research and apply for these opportunities in the application process as earliest as possible.
Admission Sessions Provided By Canadian Universities
There are three types of major intakes followed by Universities in Canada:
- Fall intakes: This comprises the highest number of newcomers as all the courses and programs are accessible. It commences in the month of September
- Winter Intakes: This intake starts in the month of January.
- Summer Intakes: Mostly opted by the students who are willing to enroll in a specific program. It begins in the month of April/May.
Best Colleges Providing MBA Courses in Canada
- Rotman School of Management
- McGill University
- Robert H. Smith School of Business
- Ivey Business School
- Schulich School of Business
- Sauder School of Business
- Alberta School of Business
Post-Graduation Work Permit
After completing a Masters in Management in Canada, international students can avail of an option to apply for a post-graduation work permit (PGWP). This further permits international students to work in Canada for up to three years after the completion of their studies. The length of the PGWP relies on the duration of the program of study. As per this permit, you can avail yourself of the opportunity to gain valuable employment experience in Canada and also apply for PR.
Pursuing a Masters in Management in Canada is a great opportunity for you as an international student. You get to experience a whole new blend of cultures, make new friends, study from the best faculty members, & gain in-depth industry and corporate knowledge. Study management in Canada and bag an opportunity to work with unicorns and MNCs. You can avail of the placements from your B school’s side or even get into the workforce via other modes of finding placements. You can take further help from Jamboree, a platform providing guidance on the study abroad requirements, including providing a preparation guide for the proficiency tests.